The Women in Golf Charter is an R&A initiative supported by England Golf to encourage more women and girls into the sport. The Charter aims to challenge some of the negative stereotypes attached to golf, create inclusive golf club cultures and open the game up to women and girls of all ages.The appeal of the Women in Golf Charter to Clitheroe GC was based around the family centred approach of the initiative, making golf accessible to all women, including those who work full time, and encouraging more girls to get into the sport, which can foster life long friendships and prove to be a fun and humbling game to play.
We are sincerely hopeful that all of our commitments and plans around the Women in Golf Charter are successful in attracting local women and girls to Clitheroe Golf Club. We would strongly encourage anyone interested to sign up for one of our taster sessions so that they can see for themselves how great the game of golf truly is.
KIRSTY FIELD, Clitheroe's Women In Golf Charter "Champion"
Kirsty has played golf for over 20 years. She is extremely passionate about the game and is thankful for the many great experiences, adventures and friendships it has afforded her. Having been involved in the game from all angles, as a Welsh International to a Girls High School Coach, she has seen first-hand the joy golf can bring to people's lives.
Alongside Kirsty is a fantastic Working Group, who are all committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming culture at Clitheroe Golf Club, making golf accessible to all women and girls, whether they are wanting to play competitively, socially, or are just in pursuit of a new hob by!
Our Commitments for 2021
- NO JOINING FEE offer for new lady members until the end of June!
- 2 Taster Sessions for ladies new to golf and the Girls Golf Rocks programme for girls
- 2 social events post the taster sessions to welcome new golfers
- 2 "course ready" workshops to help new golfers learn the rules and etiquette of golf
- A New "Lady/Girl Member Coordinator" and buddy system to help new golfers settle in
- 2 family "9 and Dine" events to hone in on the family nature of Clitheroe Golf Club
- Inclusive "Stableford Sunday" competitions open to all elligible male, female and junior members, again with the emphasis on family golf
- Maintain Safe Golf accreditation and Play Safe, Stay Safe protocols
- Create evening tee times to cater for working ladies
- Create an inclusive, welcoming environment at CGC, which champions women and girls in golf