The clubhouse is open !
The professional shop is open as usual for business offering their normal services including lessons on a one to one basis and retail sales.
Member competitions and Opens will be run as normal by the Professional shop and Competitions committee.
We want you to enjoy your golf during these trying times and ask that you follow the following guidelines, advice and recommendations.
- Entry to the professional shop will be limited to two people at any one time. Sanitiser and hand cleaning are available and recommended to be used on entry and exit.
- Locker rooms will be open from 8.00 am daily and will receive intense cleaning each day. Towels have been removed and the hand dryers switched off, paper towels are available. Anyone wishing to shower must bring their own towel.
- Spacial awareness while on the course is important.
- Leave all flagsticks in the hole, no touching them where possible and if so, do it with the gloved hand only.
- The flags have been replaced with 1 coloured flag on the front 9 and 1 coloured flag on the back.
- The Greens Staff will be making alterations to the hole cups so that golf balls will not be dropping down very far into the holes, this should prevent the need for touching the flagstick to retrieve the ball.
- All members have received a personal rake to use in the bunkers.
- Ball retrievers have been removed from the pond and the ditches.
- No sharing GPS Devices.
- Please do not touch each other’s golf balls, only your own.
- Most of the on-course bins are to be removed; please endeavour to take your litter home.
- All ball washers will be covered up and sealed from use.
- Anyone using one of the communal pull-trolleys are advised to clean the handle prior to use.
- All trolleys will be disinfected each morning, but their use will not be monitored throughout the day.
- All practice putting green hole markers have been removed for the time being.
- The shoe cleaner has been switched off and will be out of use.
- Pick up your own tee pegs after teeing off.
- Golfers are encouraged to carry hand sanitisers or something similar.
- Please remember social distancing with your playing partners .
I would ask all members to ensure they have their bag tags on golf bags to save any embarrassment as green keepers will be monitoring the course.
The office can be contacted as usual.
Many thanks for your assistance and understanding.
Return to News Page