Clitheroe Golf Club was formed in November 1891 and moved to its present site in 1932. The generosity of the Southworth family made possible the erection of a fine clubhouse building, as well as the establishment of a full 18 hole course rather than the 9 holes originally planned.
Other facilities include a halfway house behind the 9th green and the Southworth room, a modern conference and meeting room overlooking the course. This room houses the Club’s extensive collection of artefacts and a pictorial library of the history of Clitheroe Golf Club.
JAMES BRAID OPEN SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP 12 JULY 2014
THE SOUTHWORTH SCRATCH TROPHY THE HOLGATE NETT TROPHY
1st TONY HOLT GROSS 73 PRIZE £150 1st TIM STANLEY GROSS 75 HC 5 NETT 70 £150
2nd JOHN ELLWOOD GROSS 75 PRIZE £120 2nd S NARAYANNA GROSS 81 HC 10 NETT 71 £120
3rd CLIVE ROBERTSON GROSS 76 PRIZE £90 3rd STUART BIGGS GROSS 76 HC 5 NETT 71 £90
4th DENIS GREENUP GROSS 76 PRIZE £70 4th NIGEL CLOWES GROSS 77 HC 6 NETT 71 £70
5th PAUL BIGGINS GROSS 77 PRIZE £50 5TH TIM CLARKE GROSS 76 HC 5 NETT 71 £50