Clitheroe Golf Club is an 18 hole James Braid designed parkland course located in the heart of the Ribble Valley in Lancashire. The Club was originally founded in 1891 and has been the proud host to the Open Championship Qualifier and has a track record of hosting major Amateur Events.
The Club invites applications for the above position as a result of the impending retirement of the present Secretary/General Manager.
The role will include responsibility for the following:
Day to day management of the Club in accordance with the policies of the Club’s Council
Leading and motivating a team of Greens Staff, Clubhouse Staff and the Professional
- Preparation and on-going analysis of budgets and management accounts
- Ensuring that the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations to include Health and Safety, Employment, Licensing and Equal Opportunities legislation
- Driving the Club’s marketing strategy
- Representing the Club in its dealings with third parties
- Day to day staffing of the Bar and Catering to achieve the required profit margins Our successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Sound understanding of Golf Club Management
- Well organised and efficient management style
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of a Company Secretary
- Financial and budgeting skills • IT competency
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Knowledge of responsibilities of Bar and Catering management
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is offered. No accommodation is available.
Applicants should sent their CV and covering letter marked ‘Confidential’ to Ian Walsh, Captain, Clitheroe Golf Club, Whalley Road, Pendleton, Clitheroe BB7 1PP or e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Closing Date is Monday 17th August 2015