Clitheroe Golf Club is situated in the beautiful Ribble Valley just south of the market town of Clitheroe.
The course has been improved and extended over the years and now measures 6531 yards from the Blue Tees. The course is relatively flat and easy walking, and all of the greens have been reconstructed to USGA specification providing firm and true putting surfaces all year round.
The recently completed Par 3 - 5th Hole is reputed to be the best Par3 in the North West of England and is a challenging test for all levels of golfers.
Three extensive practice areas allow golfers to sharpen their skills for the challenges Clitheroe Golf course will ask of them !
The course is a must play for any golfing enthusiast.
Please click on the individual information to view a full description of each hole.
A Brief History
James Braid, famous golfer and architect, was engaged to design the course.
In 1937 an exhibition match featuring the American Ryder Cup Captain, Walter Hagen and local legend, Jimmy Rothwell, confirmed the status of the rapidly maturing course.
In 1960 land was purchased from a neighbouring farmer and two new holes were created - the present 9th and 17th.
They opened in 1965 with an exhibition match involving three Walker Cup captains - Joe Carr, Michael Bonallack and David Marsh. It was a great occasion.