The Course is currently closed due to overnight heavy rain. Inspection at 10.00am . Please ring 01200 442864 for up to date course information. Please repair all pitch marks, rake bunkers and replace divots, priority must be given to all Greenstaff.
(up
History

Clitheroe Golf Club was originally founded in 1891 but moved to its present site in 1932, following generosity of the Southworth family that made possible the erection of a fine clubhouse building as well as a full 18 hole golf course.

Designed by legendary Scottish golf course architect  James Braid, Clitheroe Golf Club is a beautiful 18 hole parkland course located in the heart of the Ribble Valley.  The course is a challenge to all levels of golfer with a premium on straight driving, but without being too demanding physically due to its level terrain.

The views from the course are quite spectacular over Longridge Fells and Waddington providing the backdrop to Stonyhurst College and Mitton Church.

In 1937 an exhibition match featuring the American Cup Ryder captain Walter Hagan and local golfing legend Jimmy Rothwell confirmed the status of the rapidly maturing course (photo needed).

Clitheroe, as a course, has considerable prestige and is regarded as one of the top courses in Lancashire.

The County Championships have been hosted several times and is currently the host to the regional qualifying competition for The Open.